Spicy Shrimp and Scallops with Nonna's Gourmet Spicy Marinara (Arrabiata) Sauce
Read on to learn how to make Spicy Shrimp and Scallops using Nonna's Gourmet Spicy Marinara (Arrabiata) Sauce.
- 20 pieces of shrimp (size 16/20)
- 20 pieces of scallops (size 10/20)
- 4 Tblsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp. chopped garlic
- ¼ c. sliced red onion
- 1c. plum tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- ½ c. white wine
- 1 16 oz. jar Caffe Nonna’s Spicy Marinara (Arrabiata) Sauce
- 2 Tblsp. fresh basil
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- fresh basil and feta cheese for garnish
- Place 2 sauté pans on the stove. Turn heat to medium under each. Add 10 scallops, and ½ of the evoo, ½ garlic and ½ red onions to each pan.
- Sauté for approximately 2 minutes. Always move the pan so the garlic does not burn and the ingredients are seared all over. Now add the tomatoes sautéing for approximately 45 seconds, constantly moving the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the white wine to each pan and let reduce for about 2 minutes on high heat.
- Now add the jar of Caffe Nonna's Arrabiata Sauce and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh basil, feta cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, rice or as a bruschetta topping.
Makes enough for 4 dinner or 8 appetizer portions